Admire a meaningful and successful marriage.
Get help with dating, improving marriages, and counseling
Dr. Jack Cohen is now lives in New York and spends the majority of his day speaking to people globally seeking dating and marriage advice from places around the USA and ranging to Australia, London, Manila, and Mexico City to mention just a few of the places he has reached through his online presence. Rabbi Dr. Jack Cohen has a WhatsApp group of 300 girls out of LA and 100 in New York and he now specializes in the orthodox dating world educating people on how to avoid making mistakes in dating and marriage.<
- Born in Cairo Egypt to a Sephardic father from Syria and Ashkenazi mother from Odessa Ukraine.
- My father and my uncles in Cairo were talmidim of Rav Ovadia Yosef when the latter served as a spiritual leader of the Egyptian Jewish community.
- My uncle Meyer Cohen, was talmid muvhak to Rav Ovadia having studied over 15 mesechtot with The Rishon Letzion.
- Left Egypt after the 6 day War… future father in law was sitting outside Cairo in a tank for the IDF, heading an intelligence unit that was listening to all conversations between nasser and other Arab leaders
- Attended Sephardic Talmud Torah in New York.
- Attended Yeshiva University high school for boys.
- At age 12 , I would meet the gadol hador Rabbi Avigdor Miller, who would guide me as my rebbe until he passed.
- Attended NYU and Harvard for undergraduate studies in premed.
- Attended medical school in NY and graduated with a specialty in sports medicine and foot surgery.
- Taught as a volunteer in several Brooklyn yeshivot going back 30 years in am and practiced medicine pm
- Relocated to Miami for 6 years where I practiced Medicine and taught Judaism on the campus of the university of Miami for aish hatorah and or sameach
- I would meet and form a very deep friendship in the early part of the 2000s, with Rav Shalom Arush, Author of the Garden of Emuna and many other titles..
- He would go on to profoundly affect me in my dating and shalom bayis Hashkafa..
- Moved back to NYC to arrange proper shidduchim for my daughters and Continued teaching all limudei kodesh subjects in various yeshivot with an emphasis on how to date properly
- Temporarily Retired from medicine 6 years ago to focus completely on educating the Jewish public on how to date successfully.
- Have to date over 500 shiurim on dating and marriage on Torahanytime.com
- Have published over 400 articles on Dating and marriage
- Have mentored thousands of men and women in dating and marriage
- Have had the zechut to facilitate over 1500 shidduchim (matches)
Currently teach in the morning and serve as a dating and marriage mentor from mid afternoon to close to midnight and sometimes beyond for people world wide.
My parents emigrated to Toronto after the war and had four children who they treasured – 3 boys and myself, the youngest child and only girl in the family. My proud European, heimish parents were very traditional and had strong beliefs about how we should conduct ourselves, from how much value to place on educationSeptember 28, 2023
The shidduch system is a tried and true method which has successfully brought many men and women together in marriage. Although it is not without its drawbacks, its benefits cannot be overlooked. That being said, it is often taken for granted how an individual will most effectively maneuver through the process and find a suitableSeptember 13, 2023
After an abusive marriage, how can she hope to find a ‘good man’? Dear Dr. Jack, I am recently divorced from an abusive man. We were married for less than two years and have no children. The abuse started from the first week we were married and got progressively worse. It became physical at theMay 25, 2023
She’s a wonderful young woman, but doesn’t ‘fit his image.’ Dear Dr. Cohen, I met a wonderful woman a few years ago and we have been friends ever since. We got along great together, our conversations flowed naturally, and anything we did – even just doing nothing – was fun together. Then we started dating,May 19, 2023
One of the common fallacies made by those entering the shidduch scene soon after high school and seminary is that material matters in life are relatively unimportant. Spiritual growth, for themselves and their prospective spouse, is held in highest regard and the material side to their lives is devalued and diminished. While leading a TorahMay 11, 2023
In Parshas Emor, G-d ordains laws prohibiting kohanim from becoming defiled by the dead. This means that a kohein is forbidden not just to touch a corpse, but also to be in the same building as a corpse or to enter a cemetery. But there are exceptions. A kohein is allowed — indeed, he isMay 5, 2023
I’m a Jewish man in my late 30s and although I’ve been dating for many years, for a long time I didn’t feel emotionally ready for marriage. I dated in unproductive ways and looked for the wrong things in a partner. A number of years ago, I decided to go for therapy and really workApril 27, 2023
The drama and majesty of the Yom Kippur service in the Tabernacle and in the Temple is the leitmotif of Parshas Acharei Mos. The similarities between the service of Yom Kippur and the marriage ceremony have been noted by our Sages: Simple white garments, worn by the kohein gadol on Yom Kippur in Temple times,April 27, 2023